1. What is the Department of Student Affairs (DSA)?
The Department of Student Affairs (DSA) is a central hub for students. It is a department that facilitates students' holistic wellness, fosters their intellectual growth as well as enriches their personal development.
2. What does DSA do?
DSA is deeply committed to the purpose of enhancing student life from various aspects, as an experiential augmentation to their academic performance:
● To create a sense of belonging for all students during their campus life by providing excellent services.
● To foster the holistic well-being and development of students as a person via experiential learning, guidance and counselling.
● To enhance students' leadership and communication skills and enrich their sense of community via organising and joining activities and sports.
3. How can I keep in touch with the DSA for assistance?
Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and state “REQUEST ASSISTANCE” as the title of the email subject. Students are advised to state their full name, student ID and campus when sending emails.
From Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays) between 8.30am to 5.30pm, you may walk-in to our offices located as follows:
● Kampar Campus:
C113, Student Pavilion I
● Sungai Long Campus:
KB006, KB Block
Should you have any enquiry, you can contact us through DSA telephone line or DSA Hotline below:
● Kampar Campus:
i) Telephone Number: 05-46 888 88
‣ Extension Line : 2282 / 2570 - E-Orientation / Clubs & Societies Information
‣ Extension Line: 2280 - Student Services (e.g. Accommodation, Vehicle Sticker, Bus Service)
‣ Extension Line : 2281 - Gym/Sports Complex
ii) DSA Hotline: 016- 2100864
● Sungai Long Campus:
i) Telephone Number: 03-90860288
‣ Extension Line: 818 / 825 / 825 - E-Orientation/Clubs & Societies Information
‣ Extension Line: 818 / 820 / 829 / 830 - Student Services (e.g. Accommodation, Vehicle Sticker, Bus Service)
‣ Extension Line: 827/828/864 - Gym/Sports Complex
ii) DSA Hotline: 016-210 0862
4. Will there be any physical sessions of Orientation for the October 2020 Trimester new students?
Yes. The standard orientation week for the new batch of October 2020 Intake students will be conducted in a hybrid mode comprising both physical and virtual activities. Below are the dates of the Orientation programme:
● For Foundation: 27 September 2020
● For Degree: 18 to 21 October 2020
All materials that are related to the orientation as well as the training of online learning will be made available to new students via https://e-orientation.utar.edu.my beginning from 21 September 2020, Monday, 8.30 am until 2 November 2020. Monday, 11.59am. New students will also be trained on online teaching and learning during this orientation period in addition to the standard orientation programme.
Freshmen who are attending the physical orientation session are required to follow the Standard Operating Procedures below:
● Wear face mask
● Keep at least 1-metre physical distancing
● Avoid non-essential gathering
5. Are students allowed to return to Campus for the October 2020 trimester?
As the University’s campuses will be fully re-open for the October 2020 trimester onwards, all students are allowed to return to campus to resume teaching, learning and student activities while following the safety and health precautionary measures including temperature screening at entrance, wearing of face masks at all times, the use of sanitizers, maintaining physical distancing and limiting the number of students in any one location.
6. Is there any adjustment on the resources fees for the coming October trimester?
The University is currently looking into ways to improve and provide better service for students, especially on blended learning. For instance, the University has added some e-learning materials to the existing resources such as more e-books as alternatives for the textbooks required by students; subscription to Microsoft Teams and license copies of Microsoft Offices under the package; and adding extra servers to support online platforms. Thus, there will be an adjustment on the resources fees which is still cost-effective to the students.
7. Where can I get the bus ticket and how much does it cost?
You may purchase the UTAR bus ticket at the Division of Finance (DFN) and it costs RM0.80 per ticket. New students may not be able to get the bus tickets immediately, but the bus service is Free of Charge (FOC) during the Orientation Week.
For bus schedule information, kindly visit the page as below:
UTAR Kampar Campus
UTAR Sungai Long Campus